Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Miley Cyrus Goes Reggae On Snoop Lion’s ‘Ashtrays And Heartbreaks’

A couple weeks ago, Miley Cyrus started a viral storm with her twerking dance video. We should expect to see her doing the dutty wine shortly. She just released her reggae collab with Snoop Lion.

The song, “Ashtrays & Heartbreaks,” appears on the rap vet’s Reincarnated album out April 23. The pop star helps sing the chorus.

So how does the fearless 20-year-old sound on a reggae track? She sounds OK. The vocal production is straightforward. I appreciate that she didn’t try to adopt a fake Jamaican accent for the track, but she doesn’t offer anything distinct to the song. Her voice actually gets a bit lost in the music. Fans likely wouldn’t recognize her voice without first reading the credits.

But the song about losing a loved one is good. Snoop appears to be making the transition to reggae naturally.

In an interview with Ryan Seacrest last week, Miley discussed the song. “I want this record to be just something that’s like different and a bunch of like passion projects,” she said. “The first thing I wouldn’t have calculated like oh, ‘The first song I want to come out would be me and Snoop Dogg.’ That’s never what I thought it was gonna be. I thought it would be my single kinda first. But I just been able to do these things where I’ve just been in the studio at the right time and these projects have just magically kinda come, just happened.”

Source URL : http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/hip-hop-media-training/miley-cyrus-goes-reggae-snoop-dogg-ashtrays-heartbreaks-205528544.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Andrew Surwilo Franklin - The Perfect Musicians. Design by WPThemes Expert
Blogger Templates by Buy My Themes.