Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

Iggy Azalea's 'Work' Video Inspired By Outkast

Iggy combines influences from Australian musical, Tarantino film and OutKast video for new clip.

Iggy Azalea initially hoped to drop her debut album The New Classic last year, but in the time that's elapsed since then, the Australia native got a chance to perfect her sound, resulting in new songs her official first single, "Work." For the video, she tells MTV News that she drew inspiration from a classic Australian musical.
"I really love 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert,' which is an Australian film about some drag queens that go from Sydney in this bus called 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' up to the Northern Territory, and it's about this adventure they have," she revealed, also noting that time constraints didn't allow her to fly back home and film like she originally wanted to.

"I really liked this film as a kid and always identified with it because it's [about] drag queens and they have to keep stopping in small rural towns and they're not accepted," she continued. "I always kinda felt that way with rap — trying to break into it, I wasn't accepted and I was out of my element, so I really love that movie, and it being Australian, I really wanted to draw reference from it. So there's little nods to that in the desert scene."
Iggy added that she also took some inspiration from Outkast's "B.O.B." video to create the clip, which she describes as "big" and "neon" and also from the infamous lap dance scene in Quentin Tarantino's "Death Proof" horror film.
With a song so dynamic, she felt that it deserved a proper visual treatment. "I think every time you listen to it you get something new, whether it's in the lyrics or it's part of the beat," she said. "I love listening to music like that, when you can hear something and every time it feels like you get a new thing from it. That to me is what good music is."
The New Classic does not have a release date as yet.

Source : http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1703697/iggy-azalea-work-video-inspiration.jhtml

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Andrew Surwilo Franklin - The Perfect Musicians. Design by WPThemes Expert
Blogger Templates by Buy My Themes.