As a musician, you know not every arrangement is the right one for your particular needs. Perhaps you need a song arranged for a particular instrument, as performed by a certain artist, or in a specific notation like tab or leadsheet format, etc.
With all these different possible iterations of a song, finding the right one in our search results can be a rather involved task. Sure, the categories on the left side of search results are useful for helping to narrow things down, as are the descriptions in the search results and the instant previews of the sheet music, but even then it can be difficult to find the right one.
This is why we’re happy to announce we’ve recently added a new feature to our site to make it easier to browse all arrangements of a specific song. Now, once you’ve found the song you’re looking for, if the sheet music isn’t quite the arrangement you wanted you can easily see all the other arrangements available – directly from the product display page.
Here’s how it works:
1. Go to a product display page on our site (example: this arrangement of “Hallelujah“).
2. Look in the column to the right of the sheet music preview.
3. If additional arrangements are available, you’ll now see a text link that says “Or, see other arrangements of this song.”
4. Note: This link will be located under the keys for transpositions, or if no transpositions exist, under the Quick Details section.)
5. If more arrangements are available, just click the “Or, see other arrangements of this song” link.
6. You’ll get a window listing all other arrangements. You can preview them using the magnifying glass or go directly to the product by clicking the row listing the arrangement.
We hope this new tool helps make it easier for you to find the arrangement right for you. Of course, not all songs have multiple arrangements – but now that we’ve made it easier to browse them we’ll be better equipped to start offering more arrangements of specific songs on the site.